Italian food was really popular in my house growing up- my mom’s homemade spaghetti is still a family fave we all ask her to make on birthdays! Up until I was 26, I always ordered spaghetti marinara with melted mozzarella on top in restaurants, until Dave recommended I try chicken parmesan.
It took a while for the different flavors to grow on me, but now it’s at the top of my all-time favorite foods list. Here’s how I make it at home:
- 4 Chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- Marinara Sauce
- Spaghetti Noodles
- Olive Oil to taste
- Parsley Flakes
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Lemon & Pepper Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place (thinly sliced) chicken breasts in a large dish. Season thoroughly with olive oil, parsley flakes, salt, crushed red pepper, and a dash of lemon & pepper seasoning. Let marinate at least 20 minutes.
- Grill chicken for 4 minutes on each side on medium heat or until 95% cooked.
- Place chicken in a baking dish, top each breast with a dollop of marinara sauce, 2 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese, 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese and broil on high for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Serve with spaghetti marinara.