Much like smoothies, they’re packed with nutrients, but are much lighter so they can supplement a meal rather than be a meal replacement. I’ve recently been incorporating more complexion boosting ingredients to keep my skin supple and dewy as the season changes, and to combat the signs of fatigue my skin has been showing due to all the hormonal changes of being a new mom.
Here are three easy recipes you can try at home, each one addressing a different skin issue. All you need is a juicer or blender (which I use and it works fine!). As my mom always told me, beauty comes from the inside, out — these juices are proof!
- Wash all veggies and fruit.
- Except for citrus fruit, leave the skin on if the fruit organic, and lightly peel or wash with a fruit and veggie wash to remove pesticides if it’s not organic.
- Add all ingredients to a juicer.
- When ready, pour your juice over ice or drink it at room temp.
- Add a natural sweetener like agave to taste.
2 stalks of celery
1 long piece of burdock root, scrubbed or peeled
½ cup of loosely packed parsley
1 cup loosely packed spinach
1 tsp ginger
1/2 cup celery
1 cup grapefruit